Develop testing activities for new product design, product improvements, customer product applications. Develop and validate, from functional and reliability point of views, technical solutions for products, systems and components. Directly perform testing and development activities of engines with his/her team resources; coordinate testing and development activities of engines executed by other teams Completes professional engineering assignments of moderately broad scope. Makes appropriate decisions using decision support tools and critical thinking including risk/reward ratios and critical patching. Receives general direction but exercises discretion as to personal work details. Assumes responsibility of all engineering/project work and delegate/coordinate sub-task to other functions.
- Perform tests according to test plans for the testing and development of new engines, improvement of current engines and customization for new applications.
- Direct work on assigned projects by technicians, involving testing and experimental activities.
- Delegate and coordinate sub-tasks to other teams/functions.
- Act as reference for other function (Design, Quality, Manufacturing, Assembly) for testing activities on assigned engines.
- Support the manager in the preparation of test plans, including task breakdowns and timeline.
- Prepare technical reports as requested to show progress and results achieved.
- Keep updated of state-of-the-art and important events in areas relevant to engine technologies, including electronic control, through publications, outside contacts, meetings, shows, seminars and short courses.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Deep knowledge of engine technology and components.
- Knowledge of engine operation and Diesel combustion process
- At least two years in Diesel engine development
TECHNICAL KNOW-HOW COMPULSORY TO COVER THIS POSITION
- AVL-Puma test automation systems
- ISO norms on engine performance measurements
- Project Managment