Develops and applies advanced engineering methods in the investigation and solution of complex and advanced technical problems related to engine design. Analyzes, evaluates and plans methods of approach to and organize a means to achieve the solution of complex technical problems related to the design and development of new and current production engines. Conception, creative design, analysis, development, and results evaluation of new or improved engines and components at the highest professional engineering level. Planning, scheduling coordination and technical direction of major new product or component design and development projects, including the work of the other engineers and skilled technical support personnel assigned to the projects. Performs assignments of a complicated or difficult nature requiring a high degree of technical competence. Analyzes, evaluates and plans methods of approach to and organize a means to achieve the solution of complex technical problems. Consultation with technical staff for a major technology and on technical matters.
1. Direct and coordinate all work on assigned projects by engineers, support personnel consultants and suppliers involving design, development, drafting, sample construction and delivery, and test evaluation, then release for production.
2. Counsel and train less senior engineers and technical support personnel in technical areas as required or requested.
3. Prepare detail project plans, including statements of technical objectives and approaches, task breakdowns, timeline, project cost estimates and product cost analyses for the design of new engines.
4. Maintain project records, prepare technical, cost and other reports as requested to show progress and results achieved.
5. Contribute sound professional advice and creative new ideas, concepts and approaches relative to new project design and development.
6. Keep abreast and well informed of the state-of-the-art and important events in areas relevant to engine design and development through publications, outside contacts, meetings, shows, seminars and short courses.
7. Work to develop individual goals/objectives to support the department goals
8. Set high design standards for engine components and systems.
9. Contribute to the implementation of strategies for engine emissions reduction and control.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Five-year University degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent;
- At least five years work experience in a similar position or in a role more focuses on design;
- Diesel engine knowledge mandatory
- English language knowledge mandatory
- Recognized for achievement and technical expertise within a professional field or possesses in-depth, applied experience in multiple engineering specialties.
- Willingly shares information, facilitates meaningful discussion and assign follow-up actions.
- Evolves innovation by making knowledge cumulative through good documentation.
- Sought after for team membership.
- Develop and maintain networks of decision-makers and key influencers.
- Make appropriate technical decisions taking risk with long term consequences
- Can justify risk under critical review.