On 25 November 1933, Adelmo Lombardini and his brothers founded the first Lombardini production factory in Gardenia near Reggio Emilia. An amount of 500 engines were produced in 1934, 482 internal combustion, 18 diesel and 20 employees. After abandoning production of complete products (tractors and motor-driven pumps), the company dedicated itself merely to diesel engines for agriculture, before focusing in developing engines for various new industry fields, always willing to improve. In November 1988, the three-million engine rolled off Lombardini's production line. In 2007 the company was purchased by the Kohler Group, an American multinational who recognized it as a world leader in diesel engines up to 56 kW. Over the years, Lombardini acquired unrivalled know-how and became popular for quality, reliability and respect for the environment, labour and safety. Company's engines, whose main feature is versatility, push enterprises in modern economy strategic business such as: construction, industry, automotive and marine, with products destined to mini-cars, professional cleaning machines, marine engines, dumpers and concrete mixers. They are employed even in: 4x4 tractors, fruit-picking tractors, generators, mowers, tillers, sickle mowers, motorized hoes, farm vehicles and still much more besides. Lombardini's keywords are: innovation, versatility and flexibility. And they will continue to be at the heart of new and future conquests.