Coordinate and direct development and testing activities of the calibration team, and electronic injection and control systems of all engines: new product design, product improvements, and customer product applications. Performs assignments of a complicated nature concerning calibration and control, with minimal guidance. Executes projects by using off-the-shelf technology independently. Readily identifies and applies technical tools.
- Coordinate activities of design, testing and development of engine control systems for improvement of current systems or components and customization for new applications.
- Act as reference for other function (Design, Quality, Manufacturing) for calibration activities on control systems of engines.
- Support Development teams in all work concerning engine calibration, including electronic injection and control systems.
- Support the manager in the preparation of test plans, including task breakdowns and timeline.
- Prepare technical reports as requested to show progress and results achieved.
- Keep updated of state-of-the-art and important events in areas relevant to electronic control of engines, through publications, outside contacts, meetings, shows, seminars and short courses.
- Participates in technical work of consumer innovation projects and other strategic business initiatives.
- Conceives and owns entire projects using engineering best-practices.
- Delegate and coordinate sub-tasks to other calibration team members/functions.
- Demonstrate the ability to influence, inspire and collaborate with widely varied stakeholders.
- Utilizes advanced quality engineering and system techniques consistently with bottom-line impact.
- According to the organizational role, he/she monitors and checks that all safety rules are observed and respected in the workplace, and that the team performs the working activities according to the above procedures and laws.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Preferred Master in Calibration or Automotive engineering.
- 4 to 5 years of work experience in engine calibration and engine control systems validation.
TECHNICAL KNOW-HOW COMPULSORY TO COVER THIS POSITION:
- Deep knowledge of electronic injection and control systems, technology and components.
- Deep knowledge in Calibration tools (i.e. INCA)
- Advanced knowledge of Project Management and Problem Solving
- Full knowledge of AVL-Puma test automation systems, AVL-Concerto, AVL-Cameo
- Good use of modeling and post-processing tools (i.e. Matlab, Simulink)
- Good knowledge of ISO norms on engine performance measurements
- Good capability to analyze data and recommend necessary solutions
- Good knowledge of Diesel engine combustion optimization and emissions calibration
- High ability of setting priorities to manage projects and unexpected events.
- High analysis capability
- Ability to independently use Calibration Management tools (i.e. Creta)
- Willing and successful in taking appropriate risk can justify risk under critical review.
- Demonstrates the capacity to understand the business.
- Customer orientation.